You may want to go to the grocery store, a friend's house, the movie theater, or a shopping mall and have no means of transportation. The EZride program can provide you with an affordable option. It is open to people who are 65 and older and to people 55 and older who are disabled.
This membership transportation service is offered in Pinellas County, with additional destinations to southern Pasco and specific areas in northern Hillsborough (e.g., H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, VA Hosptial/Medical Clinic, and the University of South Florida Medical Clinics).
Before signing up for EZride service, here are some things you should know:
- There is a $25.00 annual membership fee.
- EZride operational hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Trips must be reserved 48 hours in advance, and your cost includes a pickup plus mileage charge at a reduced rate.
- Payment in advance of trip is preferred. We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover credit/debit cards, checks, money orders, and/or cash.
- You choose the destination and based on driver availability, either a paid EZride driver or volunteer will get you there in comfort.